Licenses & Parks Passes

From Discover Passes to fishing and hunting licenses, veterans are entitled to significant discounts. Follow the links below to get your's so you can get active and outdoors!


Reduced Fishing/Hunting Licenses

The Department of Fish and Wildlife encourages all persons to experience recreation in Washington's wonderful outdoors. The ADA Committee is proactive and dedicated to providing persons with disabilities access to hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities.  The following are eligible for a combination fishing license and/or hunting license(s). These licenses are issued at a discounted rate.  See Disability Fee Schedule.

  • Resident veterans with honorable discharge with at least 30% service connected disability as verified by VA letter

  • Resident veterans with honorable discharge who are 65 years of age or older with a service connected disability as verified by VA letter

  • Resident who permanently uses a wheelchair as certified by the doctor

  • Resident who is blind or visually impaired

  • Resident with a developmental disability as determined by DSHS authority or physicians signature

License/Permit Eligibility Requirements for People with Disabilities and Veterans: Don’t let your service connected disability prevent you from enjoying WA State’s hunting and fishing opportunities! If your disability meets WDFW guidelines you may be eligible to;

  • Have a designated companion assist in hunting or fishing.

  • Access special hunting and fishing areas.

For more information:

or Contact Dolores Noyes
FAX: 360-902-2392


State Parks passes

State Parks - you must include a copy of your ID when you submit your application.

  • You may visit your nearest park or park region headquarters and pick up an application or write, telephone, or visit the Washington State Parks headquarters at:
    Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
    1111 Israel Road SW
    P.O. Box 42650
    Olympia, WA 98504
    Ph: 360-902-8500
    Ph: 360-664-3133 (TDD / TTY)

  • A Disabled Veterans Pass provides free camping/moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump. Valid year-round. Offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30 percent.

  • There are new fees associated with using Recreational Lands in Washington State.

  • Find out how the new Discover Pass affects Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass-holders


Federal Parks Passes

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – Access Pass - Cost: Free (see note in "how to obtain" for more details) Available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
How to obtain:

  • In person at a federal recreation site (see PDF list of federal recreation sites that issue passes)

  • Through the mail using this application form (PDF). NOTE: The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is $10 for processing the application (the pass is free).

  • Additional information: The Access Pass may provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services. The Access Pass generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners. Golden Access Passports are no longer sold. However, these passes will continue to be honored according to the provisions of the pass.

  • Frequently Asked Questions about the Interagency Access Pass (USGS website)


For information about other programs offered through the WA Veterans Affairs, such as discounted veteran drivers licenses or ferry passes click below.